Quanta Plus usable for beginners? - templates?
I am seeking help in finding a web editor application. Actually I've narrowed it down to Kompozer or Quanta plus. I was leaning towards Kompozer, but then ran into a few things that it apparently doesn't do (and that I'd like to do.) I am still in the research phase. I haven't installed or used any application yet.
I have two questions:
- can a beginner realistically use Quanta Plus, and get help with it?
- I also have a specific way I want to make my websites. I want to have a template that has the basic page layout and navigation buttons, copyright etc. And I want to add different banner images, colors, backgrounds, etc to the pages in each section of the website.
If I make changes to the template, -for example if I add a navigation button, or modify the copyright year, - I want the changes to occur in all the pages, but not effect the colors, and other differences. Is this possible with either Quanta or Kompozer?
I was reading some basics on website creation when I came across the issue of whether or not a given web editor (such as Dreamweaver, Kompozer, Quanta Plus) will apply changes made to a template to all the pages that were made with that template. The page I was reading is:
www DOT thesitewizard DOT com /webdesign/common-elements-web-pages.shtml
(under the section heading "Pros and Cons of Using a Web Editor's Template System" )
The author said that Dreamweaver does this, but costs money. I then wondered if Kompozer does this. I looked into it, and I'm still not sure, but based on the "Editor features" chart of the below wikipedia page, -specifically the "Templates Update Sync" column- It appears that Kompozer doesn't have the feature, but Dreamweaver and Quanta Plus do.
en DOT wikipedia DOT org /wiki/Comparison_of_HTML_editors#Editor_features
Am I correct? Is "Templates Update Sync" the name for the feature in question?
Now, supposing that I've got my facts correct, -(Namely that Quanta Plus has the feature and Kompozer doesn't) -the next question is will a beginner like me be able to even use Quanta Plus?
I am unable to find answers to basic questions about Quanta Plus.
1. Will a beginner to the world of website creation be able to use this application?
2. Are there any guides, manuals etc that take you step by step through the processes, and are basic enough for a beginner to understand?
3. Is there a forum specifically for Quanta Plus? (I didn't find one.)
4. Is Quanta Plus, due to its complexity and/or lack of documentation, only practical for the seasoned web developer?
Can anyone comment on the following? (agree, explain, disagree?)
- - - -
www DOT softpedia DOT com/reviews/linux/Quanta-Plus-Review-18685.shtml
VPL editor is not powerful enough to make Quanta accessible to complete newbies and if you insert some small scripts that Quanta doesn't support, the VPL editor will not display anything.
- - - -
Sincere thanks in advance to anyone that can educate me on these matters. I'm 'drowning' before I even get started.
Also any sites, ebooks, manuals, forums, etc that anyone can reccommend will be highly appreciated.
p.s. can a moderator grant me the ability to post urls? I'm here to ask questions about linux, not flood the site with spam links.