[SOLVED] Bad character display in rxvt
I like rxvt because it has a small footprint and no dependencies, but I can't get my version to display all characters properly. The problem occurs with man pages (but that's not serious because I have a specialised viewer for them) and also with compilation error reporting, where it really is a pain in the neck. The output is peppered with a-circumflex characters (which rxvt apparently uses as oops! markers) to the point of being unreadable. I have sometimes had to switch to a virtual console just to decipher it.
I've checked the options in the rxvt man page but there doesn't seem to be anything relevant. I don't remember this happening in the good old days when I used rxvt with Red Hat 6.