Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i am new to linux and out of randomness i downloaded arch linux 7.2 at first it goes great, i type in the login screen name, and the password. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help a new guy out

ok i am new to linux and out of randomness
    i downloaded arch linux 7.2
    at first it goes great, i type in the login screen name, and the password. then it gives me a ">" symbol. i assume it means i need to type in something like start but i dont know...what do i type in

oz
    forum.guy
    Arch has had a major change in their package repositories recently, so you'd be better off to get started with a newer release. 2007.8-2 was released a couple of days ago and that's the one I'd recommend.

If you are a first time Arch user, it would also be wise to print out the installation guide before getting started:

http://www.archlinux.org/static/docs...tall-guide.txt
    oz

I agree with Ozar, deffinitely print out the install guide before getting started, if possible print out the install wiki and noobie guide as well (you can never have too many knowledge sources!). If you have access to a large and fast laser printer, this helps ( I had them all printed off at a copy center, took like 2 minutes and cost like a buck fifty USD) that way if you run into any problems you have a computer/internet independent step by step guide.

just my 2 cents worth, cheers! and welcome to Linux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close