Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I'm in the middle of installing Arch right now (it took a couple of tries to get things up and running, mostly because I lack sufficient networking knowledge...as an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

pcidata, I don't have it, I need it, and how do I get it?

So I'm in the middle of installing Arch right now (it took a couple of tries to get things up and running, mostly because I lack sufficient networking knowledge...as an aside I found out that I have dchp, that only took me 2 hours to figure out! ) anyhow. I can't start X because aparently xinit can't find my pcidata. otherwise everything is working as smooth as silk (I'm genuinely suprised! pacman rocks my socks off. I think I'm really going to like Arch!) so.... let's cut to the proverbial chase as it were. what's going on with my pci data and how can I fix it. It might be my hardware.... I'm running an nVIDIA GeForce 6100SM-M motherboard and chipset, and I know that nvidia tends to have issues with proprietary drivers and what not. I've got the Nvidia drivers installed. X just wont run anyways, any tips?

cheers

nvidia is normaly good supported by Linux (I know that nvidia tends to have issues with proprietary drivers and what not. >> I Guess you want to enter ATi there)
    Anyhow, well can you dump your xorg.conf here?
    (Did you compile the kernel yourself?)
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..