Find the answer to your Linux question:
please, i need help , this is happening constantly 1. Nov 6 23:36:28 bigdistroyer kernel: CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139649) 2. Nov 6 23:36:28 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cpu clock throttled

please, i need help, this is happening constantly

Nov 6 23:36:28 bigdistroyer kernel: CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139649)
    Nov 6 23:36:28 bigdistroyer kernel: CPU1: Temperature/speed normal
    Nov 6 23:36:28 bigdistroyer kernel: CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139650)
    Nov 6 23:36:28 bigdistroyer kernel: CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139651)
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139576)
    #
    CPU1: Temperature/speed normal
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139577)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 13957
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139579)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139580)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139581)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139582)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139583)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139584)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139585)
    #
    #
    CPU1: Temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 139586)
    that's what dmesg and kernel.log shows... thousands of lines like that...

im getting sick of this, and i think it's the reason for the X server to crash when, in GNOME, i open Amarok, or Emesene, or i start the fusion-icon

it's driving me crazy!!!

Hi

Did you dismantled the box recently ? Because it's maybe because there's too much dust inside of it.

If there's no dust, it maybe because the cpu's fan isn't working properly. Replacing it by a new one isn't that expensive (maybe $5-10). Those fans often breaks because of the bearings inside of it.

If after repleaced the fan with a new one, then the source of your trouble can be the overheat material that they put between the radiator and the cpu at first assembly. Cleaning it and put some new one might help too.

before playing with computer parts, it's always safe to :
    1- unplug it !
    2- wear only one cotton t-shirt
    3- touch another metal surface that isn't the cpu's frame or any other part (to ground yourself)
    4- once the step 2 is done, do not play with your hairs, plastic stuff or any other material that could give you electrostatic
    5- do not drink close the the computer !
    6- if you're sweating, then go away for like 5-10 minutes, time for your body to stop sweating. Do not use a bath/hand towel (this can give you electrostatic)

By the way, have you tried to overclock that cpu or something ?

And is that processor's fully supported by your motherboard / distro ?

To check if your processor's fully compatible with your board, you can refer to owner's manual or by 'googleing'
    with the board s/n (written somewhere on it) to watch if your processor are listed in the compatible processor section.

To check if your board/processor is compatible with your distro, refer to your distro's main page, there's surely a supported hardware somewhere.

Otherwise, this can be just because the cpu's too old.