Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just decided to take the plunge and try Arch today. I installed it, the process went flawlessly, and rebooted. I got the following input in the boot process, where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] New install, problems w/ root and internet

I just decided to take the plunge and try Arch today. I installed it, the process went flawlessly, and rebooted. I got the following input in the boot process, where I can only assume the issue resides:

Code:
    ::Mounting Root Read-only
    ::Checking Filesystems
    /dev/sda2 clean, 38151/1831424 files, 297746/7323624 blocks
    /dev/sda5:
    the superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
    (indent) e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
    # my "device would be /dev/sda5
    sda2 is my / partition, sda5 is my /home partition, both are ext3, and I'm genuinely lost, as I've run out of search options in my knowledge. I've run the suggested command, to no avail, and haven't been able to find anything bordering on a solution that I can see, or even fill in the blanks from. Could somebody throw me a bone, and point me in the right direction?

Second issue: Assuming it's unrelated to the first (I'm not sure myself), i can't connect to the internet, which seems to be related to / being read-only, so I need to fix that first.

EDIT: Reinstalled, fixed the problem Now, I can't connect to the internet from Arch, following the Beginner's Guide to a T, checking everything along the way. Set up eth0 according to the guide, run pacman -Syy , and get a "Transient Resolver Failure." Any guidance would be appreciated.

Nevermind. Decided to go with Debian for now.
    Last edited by arinlares; 02-01-2010 at 05:58 AM.