Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am wondering what one can do without a windows manager. I thought one had to have one to read the news, watch you tube and things like that. Frank...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Can you watch youtube WITHOUT a Windows manager

I am wondering what one can do without a windows manager. I thought one had to have one to read the news, watch you tube and things like that. Frank

There are some tools which allow you to download youtube videos, and you can then watch them using mplayer running in the framebuffer.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    There are some tools which allow you to download youtube videos, and you can then watch them using mplayer running in the framebuffer.
    Thanks, I am doing 2nd install on same computer. I seeing I made a lot of errors on first install. I see also it explains what windows managers are and gives a few examples. I was in a rush to get the system going and lost more time on that account.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I know the feeling, but be sure to head over to the arch webpage and use the beginers guide to help with your installation. It's pretty detailed and is a huge help

Linux Guru
    You might like this to

2010 May 24 Motho ke motho ka botho

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by unplugged23 View Post
    I know the feeling, but be sure to head over to the arch webpage and use the beginers guide to help with your installation. It's pretty detailed and is a huge help
    Thanks everyone.. It sure helps to have good support here. I will check out the links. And yes the beginners guide is great, if you read it carefully. . I feel a bit of success, for I got a gnome Desktop running good except for cd player problem. I have already posted that problem on another post/thread.