Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have my bios set to boot cdrom first then hdo. I get an atapi stage 2 repeated 2 or three times than it auto reboots and repeats the same ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Can't boot arch cd

I have my bios set to boot cdrom first then hdo. I get an atapi stage 2 repeated 2 or three times than it auto reboots and repeats the same message. I had just aborted an installation, where, in the configuration step, rc.conf was blank. I am installing another distro to clean or format my hard drive. So, far that installation is progressing ok, or it booted normally.

Is there a partition tool, from Arch or other, to specifically format a hard drive? Frank

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by frank56 View Post
    Is there a partition tool, from Arch or other, to specifically format a hard drive?
    My own personal favorite for easy to use partitioning tools is the Parted Magic LiveCD. It comes with a number of other handy to have utilities, as well.
    oz

My own personal favorite for easy to use partitioning tools is the Parted Magic LiveCD. It comes with a number of other handy to have utilities, as well.
    I second this statement this one is easy to use and powerful.
    a handy tool to have in any tech's arsenal
    others tools would be d-ban and clonezilla

(oops I'm giving away secrets again)

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuuser View Post
    I second this statement this one is easy to use and powerful.
    a handy tool to have in any tech's arsenal
    others tools would be d-ban and clonezilla

(oops I'm giving away secrets again)
    Not to worry, I won't tell anyone in the whole wide web. .

I will certainly try at least one of those tools. I think I had, one smudge too many on my arch boot cd. I cleaned it up and the problem seem to disappear. I wonder, if that was also causing the other blank areas in my arch program. Nevertheless I am taking better care of my cd's like once did, Thanks again , Ozar and Gnusser for the pointers on the partitioning tools. Frank