Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

The information below is on their home page, link below. Is this what you were looking for?

The keyword required to register is: mrgreen
    ArchBang Forums

Thanks. Don't know why they can't just put that on the registration page. LOL
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

I have the same question. If I run that command I get:

Code:
    $date -u +%V$(uname)|sha256sum|sed 's/\W//g'
    d41f3a76dbc185d0b44b6505788d805183cf9614142d2e76a4aa40507c880d94
    However using that string as answer gives an error.

Probably date is returning an unexpected result. What should be its output? Mine is:
    Code:
    $date -u +%V$(uname)
    44Linux
    (I already tried echoing just 'Linux'/'linux' with and without newline and some other attempts but no result).

I find this quite irritating. Should I start doubting that Arch Devs are capable of writing a good distro since they aren't even able to write a good registration form?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Personally, I think that any forum that makes you jump through that many hoops in order to join isn't worth signing up for. Plenty of folks right here that know about running Arch and the Arch Wiki is a pretty decent resource as well. No need to join the Arch Forum just to get talked down to by some of the Arch Elitists telling you to RTFM all the time, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuriu View Post
    I have the same question. If I run that command I get:

Code:
    $date -u +%V$(uname)|sha256sum|sed 's/\W//g'
    d41f3a76dbc185d0b44b6505788d805183cf9614142d2e76a4aa40507c880d94
    However using that string as answer gives an error.

Probably date is returning an unexpected result. What should be its output? Mine is:
    Code:
    $date -u +%V$(uname)
    44Linux
    (I already tried echoing just 'Linux'/'linux' with and without newline and some other attempts but no result).

I find this quite irritating. Should I start doubting that Arch Devs are capable of writing a good distro since they aren't even able to write a good registration form?
    Having the same problem, my output is actually coming up with "49Linux". Either way the thing doesn't work right; probably outdated question.

If you want a good, friendly forum to hang out and talk about Arch then give the Evo/Lution AIS forum a try.
    Evo/Lution Linux Forums ? Index page
    Since Evo/Lution AIS installs actual Arch you can talk about all things Arch there and not get beat up on like you would on the Arch Forum.

I like the question as it is put.
    After all if you can't get the correct answer for forum registration then you most likely will fail at the ArchLinux install as well.

I got the registration answer first time, but honestly, it took me 7 tries before I got the latest archlinux-2014.12.01-dual.iso correctly setup to boot directly into KDE plasma or Xfce desktop.

This experience remind's me of what it was like 20 years ago to install a linux distro. Except you had to get it right for every piece of hardware and Arch get's your Network & Video/Audio right off.
    So it's not that bad. I think we're all spoiled. Kinda like with auto spell check in action, we have lost our innate spelling ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ChetanG View Post
    I like the question as it is put.
    After all if you can't get the correct answer for forum registration then you most likely will fail at the ArchLinux install as well.
    I beg to differ. Installing Arch took only took me an afternoon following their guides (it was my first time). Far easier than registration - especially if you have to write the idiotic SHA on a piece of paper because you do not have a web browser on the same machine. Neither "How should I know" or "Who cares" worked as an answer. I tried them. Perhaps that was the point