Find the answer to your Linux question:
i installed Enterprise Linux 5 on VMware and i need to change the resolution. I already chnage the xorg.conf file and it dosent work. i also cant change my monitor ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need a help to change resolution.

i installed Enterprise Linux 5 on VMware and i need to change the resolution. I already chnage the xorg.conf file and it dosent work. i also cant change my monitor type to LCD. please help

Linux Enthusiast
    Did you install the VMware "addons" which provides the "vmware graphics controller"?

Also see the article:
    Setting the Resolution in an X-less VM | Linux Journal
    Last edited by alf55; 11-10-2010 at 04:10 AM.

Just Joined!
    no. i have no idea how to do it but i also installed fedora 13 on VMware and i can adjust the resolution on it. problem is only with the Enterprise Linux 5.

Linux Enthusiast
    Does your RHEL have X11 running or only in console mode (as most servers are left)? I have not attempted the stuff in Linux Journal, but hope to try it with a gentoo virtualbox that I have that is really for an appliance to see how it works sometime this week or it will be delayed until after Thanksgivings day due to work load.

I might be able to setup a CentOS 5 on a virtualbox as well (depends on work load).