Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok so I've mounted things before but this one isn't working. There is some block on the camera and it won't mount as a camera or as a usb. Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help mounting Canon Powershot

Ok so I've mounted things before but this one isn't working. There is some block on the camera and it won't mount as a camera or as a usb. Can someone give me step by step instructions for mounting a Canon Powershot sd1400? Need help! Looked everywhere online and nothing works. Might be something simple that I'm overlooking, not that familiar with Linux but want to learn. Thanks!

First, what have you actually tried? Are you trying to use a program like gtkam? A photo manager like Digikam?

Have you added your use to the camera group?
    Code:
    gpasswd -a user camera
    The Canon SD1400 is not listed as supported by libgphoto2, which is the core library for accessing digital cameras. Which doesn't mean it won't work, but...

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Digital_Cameras

Just Joined!
    thanks so much! how do i choose where the pictures are downloading to? can i create a folder through the terminal before i download them. thanks again!

How to choose where to download your photos depends on the program you're using. In general, they should pretty much all have some setting under preferences or options or the like that selects a default download/picture folder.

Yes you can make a directory from the terminal