Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Arch users . As I explained in my first post, I've chosen Arch Linux as my first distro and successfully installed it along with Openbox. I've tried to sign ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Arch official forum 'Your answer field' does not work for me

Hello Arch users . As I explained in my first post, I've chosen Arch Linux as my first distro and successfully installed it along with Openbox. I've tried to sign up for the Arch Linux official forum but I'm having a problem in the "Your answer" field. As my terminal in Openbox is not working I entered the following command outside Openbox "date -u +%j$(uname)|sha256sum|sed 's/\W//g' > /home/Tarkus/archforum.txt" and got a 64 alphanumerical characters string. I copied it to the corresponding box in the sing-up screen and got this message:

The following errors need to be corrected before you can register:
    Sorry, your answer was wrong. Try again
    Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Happy new year

Note: I'm not an English native speaker so don't hesitate to ask me if I'm not clear enough.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 01-01-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: The issue was solved, thanks ozar!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

Here's the output that I get with the current command given for new signups:

39c30afd4c8b07a01c3868f79716413cfd83ff08d9ddd44853 f9cf31298abc89
    If that's not working, you might check the Arch forums to see if there are any problems being reported with the registration question.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    In fact, I just went there and here's a thread where someone is saying that it's not working properly:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=111007
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply ozar! I should have browsed the forum a little more. By the way, there is no way I could guess that solution hehe... My Linux odyssey is just beginning

Cheers

Note: I tried to put a [SOLVED] tag at the beginning of the thread title, but it was modified only inside the post.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply ozar! I should have browsed the forum a little more. By the way, there is no way I could guess that solution hehe... My Linux odyssey is just beginning

Cheers

Note: I tried to put a [SOLVED] tag at the beginning of the thread title, but it was modified only inside the post.
    At the top of your thread, in the blue bar running across the top of the first post, there is a "Thread Tools" link. If you click that, you'll find an option there for marking your thread [SOLVED].
    oz

Just Joined!
    Done! Thanks again.

Good bye!