Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am temporarily stuck in Ubuntu for perhaps a couple of weeks (I'm too busy with a project to rebuild Arch). I am trying to use Vim, but something about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Vim configuration

I am temporarily stuck in Ubuntu for perhaps a couple of weeks (I'm too busy with a project to rebuild Arch). I am trying to use Vim, but something about the configuration is significantly different. Can anyone either give me the information needed to configure Vim as it is in Arch or link me to the vimrc file that is used there?

Linux Newbie
    I used the in-line example from the ArchWiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Vim

It's not exactly what I'm used to, but at least I can use it again.

You might get what you want by just downloading vim and vim-runtime packages and extract files using tar. When I want to look at a package manually I locate it on the Arch site and use the download from mirror link on the top right hand side of the package information page - used it once or twice to confirm md5sum values for things like files in packages

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    You might get what you want by just downloading vim and vim-runtime packages and extract files using tar. When I want to look at a package manually I locate it on the Arch site and use the download from mirror link on the top right hand side of the package information page - used it once or twice to confirm md5sum values for things like files in packages
    Smart guy, that one Thanks! Haven't tried it yet but I'm certain that'll work