Find the answer to your Linux question:
I triple boot windowsXP Mint 10 and Ubuntu 11.04 I tried out Arch in virtualbox and I want t replace Ubuntu with Arch. I use easyteher to get internet off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

packages in Arch

I triple boot windowsXP Mint 10 and Ubuntu 11.04 I tried out Arch in virtualbox and I want t replace Ubuntu with Arch. I use easyteher to get internet off of my cell phone it is a .deb file if I install Arch will I be able to use it so I can get internet I don't know how to compile from source so if I had to do that I would need a good wiki page on that.

Well, I don't have an Android phone and I'm not familiar with easytether, but as no one else has responded, I'll give it a go.

Looking at the .deb file, it seems like this ought to work with Arch. Inside the .deb package, you'll find the binary under /usr/bin/easytether, and a udev rule under /lib/udev/rules.d/65-easytether.rules. Copy these files to the corresponding locations on your Arch install.

I gave it a basic test and it ran for me, at least, even though I can't try out actually tethering a phone using it.

Whoops, forgot to mention I used deb2targz to reformat the archive into tar.gz format for extraction.

Just Joined!
    Just wondering if anyone has success with this. I use easytether and switch from ubuntu 11.04 to arch because I liked it more and was faster on my netbook. Though, when I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I'll check back and put my process and what was wrong.

Linux Newbie
    I have tried this and it does work.

Just Joined!
    Yeah I got it to work, I think I was doing something wrong. I don't remember what I did wrong, but yeah your right it does work.