Find the answer to your Linux question:
Screenshot of what Konqueror file browsers says when I try to open my trash can. I didn't have this problem before I install KDE on it, but KDE the best ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question I can't place files into Trash, and everything is directed

Screenshot of what Konqueror file browsers says when I try to open my trash can. I didn't have this problem before I install KDE on it, but KDE the best choice for me as of now, and since there's no GNOME2.x and Gnome3 has problems on my laptop, I want KDE. I even customized it a bit to suit me. Can someone please help me.

s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/Kyle_Stanly/?action=view&current=No_Trash.png

Another problem, everything is directed to ~/Documents directory instead of the home directory, and this is whenever I start up a terminal *Including Guake* and everything that involves storing and extracting files. I never got an answer on my previous question asked and another Arch Linux user *Guru* said they had the same problems as well. Is KDE4.6 unstable on Arch Linux? I've done a full system upgrade with
    Code:
     pacman -Syu
    but that didn't work at all either... If anything, I found out that I still have some stuff from other destkop environments I have on my system.

Also, all of this wasn't a problem until after I install KDE and removed all other desktop environments *GNOME3 and XFCE* and on other virtual terminals, the
    Code:
     Ctrl + Alt + F1 - F6
    work perfectly and the default directory is the home directory, which, as far as I know, is how it should be.

Just Joined!
    Apparently I can't post a link until 15 posts? Come on...

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by theif519 View Post
    Apparently I can't post a link until 15 posts?
    Hello, and welcome aboard!

You can find some temporary workarounds for the 15-posts requirement here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-user-faq.html
    oz

First, I would try starting with a clean environment. Create a new user and see if you have the same troubles.

Also, how are you starting KDE? Are you using KDM, startx from the console? If the latter, what's your ~/.xinitrc file look like?

I've been using KDE on one machine and haven't noticed any issues, but I don't use it that much.

Just Joined!
    I worked around the ~/Documents thing where everything is directed to by removing Documents directory, but I'd like to fix that.

I added it to rc.conf in the Modules so that it starts KDM immediately. Everything works, I even got Alunn to work and give me notifications. The trash thing still doesn't work though.

I've tried adding a user named Test and making a directory in the Home directory, but whenever I try to log in, it won't let me, it goes back to the login screen.