Find the answer to your Linux question:
So, I moved from Mint to Arch and have been very satisfied so far. All the manual stuff with terminal have gone pretty well. However, one small thing is bothering ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Getting wireless to work

So, I moved from Mint to Arch and have been very satisfied so far. All the manual stuff with terminal have gone pretty well. However, one small thing is bothering me (which will become quite important later on) is the wireless network connection.

I am currently using wired ethernet and that works without problems. I am trying to get my USB wireless to work as I am moving to a new house soon and I am only going to be able to use wireless there.

So far the installation guide has worked for me, but when I do the
    Code:
    iwlist wlan0 scan
    I get no networks despite the router being 50cm away from the receiver and the wireless network is definitely up and running. The SSID is not hidden and there should be other networks present as well.

Does Arch not have NetworkManager available? This takes care of pretty much everything, provided you have a driver for your wifi chipset all you have to do is tell it which network to connect to. If it's in your package manager, give it a go.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Thanks! Do you know whether this will cause conflicts with ifplugd daemon?