Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Long time no chat. I just installed Arch but I am a bit stuck on getting my wireless printer working. I have the scan setup and it works. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Epson Workforce 610 Wireless install with Arch

Hello,

Long time no chat. I just installed Arch but I am a bit stuck on getting my wireless printer working. I have the scan setup and it works. I used to cups wiki (wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cups#Installing) for the install but I am having trouble with it because I need the x86_64 driver which is an rpm. I finally was able to download rpm2targz but I can't figure out how to use it. Please let me know what info you need to help and I will gladly post it. I have spent several days installing and uninstalling different things to no avail.

When I open the cups-localhost it gives me this error [There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'failed to connect to server'.]

Thanks in advance
    Linux is numero uno! I have taken up Archery.

Linux Newbie
    I am going to move this to the Arch forums. I will bring back the solution to this forum to help others.

Thanks

Linux Newbie
    That seemed to be the problem alright. I had to re-install gnutls as stated above. I kept getting an error, so I re-installed cups as well. Once I re-installed the gnutls, I installed the printer driver as you said.
    This line
    Code:
    Tarball :: PKGBUILD
    on this website AUR (en) - epson-inkjet-printer-stylus-office-tx610fw-series actually is 2 links. Click on the first half that says Tarball.

From there (as Frank and the wiki says), When you downloaded it, extract it, cd to the directory created and run
    Code:
    makepkg -s
    This will build you an installable package in the same directory which you can install running
    Code:
    sudo pacman -U [packagename]
    To start cups
    Code:
    /etc/rc.d/cups start
    Then add it to your daemons like this so it restarts every time your computer boots up or you will wonder why you can't print after restart
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/rc.conf
    Then list cupsd in the portion of the rc.conf file. Example - DAEMONS=(pcmcia syslogd klogd !fam esd mono network autofs cupsd crond gdm)

That is it! Problem solved!

Frank,

Thank you for all your help. I learned alot and understand the wikis alot better as well.

Have an Awesome weekend!

taseis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close