Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, so ive been trying to download stuff from the AUR, but i get errors. I tried downloading a driver, and it gave me a unkown error. I then tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading items from the AUR

Ok, so ive been trying to download stuff from the AUR, but i get errors. I tried downloading a driver, and it gave me a unkown error. I then tried downloading a AUR helper, aurget, and it gave me the error: missing dependencies --> cult.

How can i fix this?

oz
    forum.guy
    If you download your desired package build from AUR, any dependencies belonging to it that are also located in AUR must also be downloaded and packages built before you can build your desired package. On the other hand, if those dependencies are found in the Core, Extra, or Community repos they will be downloaded by pacman automatically if you have those particular repos enabled in your /etc/pacman.conf file.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    You can find more info on using makepkg at the following wiki page if it is giving you problems:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by persiankid400 View Post
    I tried downloading a driver, and it gave me a unkown error.
    Keep in mind too that by downloading a package build from AUR, you are not actually downloading the driver that you seek. The package build process does the actual downloading of the driver and creates a package that can then be installed using pacman.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks ozar. I went back to the aurget page, and saw the dependencies under the text. Thank you very much . Another question, if i use aurget to download packages, will it download the dependencies for me to?

oz
    forum.guy
    While I've never used aurget, it reportedly resolves dependencies but only downloads files from AUR, and not the official repositories. You can get all the details on aurget here:

pbrisbin - Aurget
    oz