Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I've installed gparted and was trying to run it (as root) getting the following: error while loading shared libraries: libparted.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gparted won't start

Hi all,

I've installed gparted and was trying to run it (as root) getting the following:
    error while loading shared libraries: libparted.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I believe, I can find the solution for this issue via google, but my main intention was just extend the / (root) partition on the disk, so I'd appreciate any help on this. So tired to resolve that while I just wanted to install vmware workstation and was running out of disk space...

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

You won't be able to use gparted to expand a mounted partition, so the easiest way to use it would be through a liveCD or liveUSB, such as the Parted Magic LiveCD.
    oz

As oz said,We can never do any modifications to a partition which is currently mounted(not just / partition,it applies to all partitions) If you try to do so,then it will be like cutting down the trunk of a tree by sitting on top its branch! So you need to unmount it first then do the partitioning work. Since its not possible to unmount the root partition and work in the system,Use some live CD's or hiren's boot cd's and do the partitioning work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close