Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I started a similar thread here in the newbie forums named asus eee 701 custom mod. (can't copy url, sorry) but still no response. Anyway, I've been looking at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arch linux on eee 701 w/ android SDK & NDK + c++ compiler

Hello,
    I started a similar thread here in the newbie forums named asus eee 701 custom mod. (can't copy url, sorry)
    but still no response.
    Anyway, I've been looking at arch linux and it seems to me to be the perfect solution.
    If so could you please help me on setting the pc and arch for these settings.

Thanks!

I run AntiX on my 701SD so the best I can point you to is the Arch Wiki for a 701.

I've been running AntiX on my 701SD since Debian was at Lenny. I have dist-upgraded since i run as a rolling release to Wheezy/Sid. I run off of my internal 8 gig SSD now instead of external flash since then. My kernel is up past the 3.0 stage also. That post was in 2010. My 701 is way beyond that now.

MEPIS Community Forum - View topic - Antix 8.5 on Asus 701SD
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Thanks but in the end I decided to stick with linux mint as I'm really a newbie. Though this would be the best distro I think.