Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey! I just installed an arch op system, with openbox and slim, and (ofcourse) with another requied drivers, and packages. The inittab was perfect too, but when i restart later ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arch with Slim & OpenBox3

Hey!

I just installed an arch op system, with openbox and slim, and (ofcourse) with another requied drivers, and packages. The inittab was perfect too, but when i restart later on, the slim is showing, but when you enter the username, and passw, its just flash, and like its never happened its asking for the username again. The passw is fine, because the restart option is working with it.

Information about my drivers, xorg, and config files:
    Xorg and requied drivers for it: The xorg-server, xorg-server-utils, xorg-xinit, xorg-utils was installed without error, also the drivers: nouveau-dri, xf86-video-nouveau, and a xorg.conf file was created, and edited, for nouveau:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "n"
    Driver "nouveau"
    EndSection

The xinitrc file:

rox -b Default -p default;
    exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch openbox-session

And so on, truth be told, im using now a win7 op system, and copying from the backup config files, that i made, and with the standard text editor, its hard to read, because, its not reading right them. (all the config files is in one big line, so..)

One more thing: i edited the menumaker Shell.py, to set rxvt-unicode to standard terminal. Its working fine, so the menu.xml is done too.

Just Joined!
    Okay, so i made some progress to solve this little problem. I thought that is the nouveau is the guilty here, so i reinstalled the system, with nvidia, and set up the xorg.conf with nvidia-xconfig. When i hit an openbox-session command, i still got an error: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.