Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright. I have worked with Ubuntu before and a bit with some other versions of Linux. I used to have my system dual booted with ubuntu and windows7, but something ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

liveCD won't boot but boot priority correct

Alright. I have worked with Ubuntu before and a bit with some other versions of Linux. I used to have my system dual booted with ubuntu and windows7, but something corrupted my ubuntu partitions and grub couldnt be fixed. Regardless, that has nothing to do with my question.

I have been researching various Linux distros and have decided to make arch my choice for really learning how to work linux. However, I cant manage to get a boot disk to work. I am hoping to make a live flash drive... that way i can more easily work with it as opposed to the disk.

However, I can't find any forum suggestion on how to properly do this. I am not the best at doing this stuff on my own, but I can follow instructions without having to question much.

I am working off windows 7 right now because, like i said previously, my ubuntu partitions disappeared. How do I go about doing this properly? Ive attempted 3 different disks of net live dual, net live, and core... none seem to boot. (i burned the iso onto the disk and set the priority to disk drive 1, yet it skips and boots to windows). It is seeming like you cant make a disk unless you are using linux to make it, but I cant use linux to make it unless I WUBI my flash drive again and burn the disk via that way. But c'mon... there has to be an easier way.

i am running AMD anthlon II x4 620, windows 7 prof 64bit, asus motherboard (forget model but CAN get). all custom.

Anyone know a way to make that live flash drive? thats really all im after. just want to boot archlinux from that flash drive. (according to what I have been reading, you need to make way via a live cd)

Quote Originally Posted by creepyk1d View Post
    Anyone know a way to make that live flash drive? thats really all im after. just want to boot archlinux from that flash drive. (according to what I have been reading, you need to make way via a live cd)
    Hi! I found UNETBOOTIN to be a very helpful took to use for this purposes. You might want to give it a try. Please let us know how it turned out.

regards,

nujinini

DEIT: NO need to make Lived CD. YOu can use the USB like a Live CD.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667