Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all so I have installed the Arch Linux after a lot of suffering . at the end I opened the /etc/rc.conf file and edited the interface to eth0 , ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can't access the net in arch linux after installation. help please

hi all
    so I have installed the Arch Linux after a lot of suffering .
    at the end I opened the /etc/rc.conf file and edited the interface to eth0 , ctrl+x and exit.
    I am using Arch on Virtual Box .
    so when booting Arch Linux , when it comes to "start network" it's Busy , never done.
    after booting is finished I try to connect the net through the order

I am using a bridge connection in Virtual Box>> connecting the internet thru ethernet cable.

PHP Code:
    dhcpcd eth0 
    then ,

PHP Code:
    ping -c 3 google.com 
    and the reply is

PHP Code:
    unknown host google.com 
    I attached pics to make you guys understand my problem.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

guys I am kind of new to linux , I tried Ubuntu for some times.
    so I will appreciate it if some 1 can add me ,so I can ask him when I have troubles .

best regards ;

Linux Guru
    The first image you posted shows the window in VirtualBox when you click the Machine tab at the top of its window and then click Settings. You should not need to do that to access the internet. I've never had to and have been able to access the internet. Its purpose as I understand is for sharing between the VBox guest and host systems. The third image you posted has a number of errors which say "Read-only fllesystem" which would indicate to me that you are running the iso of Arch in VBox because the iso is Read-Only. That would be one reason why you get those messages. Either that or something went wrong with the install in VBox. I've never used Arch so I don't know what one would expect to see during a successful installation but an installed system would definitely not be "Read-only".