Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello linux forums. I had a question about wireless modules. I have recently updated my kernel to linux-3.5.3-1 and some config files have changed on me. I also have slow ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED]Loading modules

Hello linux forums. I had a question about wireless modules. I have recently updated my kernel to linux-3.5.3-1 and some config files have changed on me. I also have slow wireless with RTL8188CE and I need to install a different wireless driver. So if I were to install a new driver which config file would I put it in. It used to be in /etc/rc.conf in the MODULES array. However there is no modules array in rc.conf anymore. Which config file loads the modules now in the new kernel?
    Last edited by jdos1; 09-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Just Joined!
    I realized that I am supposed to put modules that I want to load on start-up in /etc/modules-load.d. However, I am trying to set the loop module to load on startup. So I created a loop.conf file in /etc/modules-load.d. In the file it says loop. For some reason though, this isn't loading on startup and it's very frustrating. I followed the Arch wiki to a tee and another the vboxdrv module loads fine and it's in virtualbox.conf in the /etc/modules-load.d directory as well. I don't understand why that works but loop doesn't.