Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello im running through my first install/setup of arch and i have it all installed but not set up like the gui and such. But when ever i boot up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Internet connection problems

Hello im running through my first install/setup of arch and i have it all installed but not set up like the gui and such. But when ever i boot up and try to connect to the internet i cant because it wont stay connected and i use wpa_supplicant/wpa_passphrase and it just freezes and i cant finish setup unless im connected to the internet
    plz help!?

It sounds like an authentication problem with your wireless connection point, if you are sure your wireless settings are correct. I'd try connecting with Ethernet to see if that works, if that doesn't work if it is a new installation try installing it again. If you are using arch you probably know more than me, if you are a beginner try something easier to use from what I've heard arch is not a good choice unless you really know what you are doing.
    Good Luck Dave

Linux Newbie
    Well i guess im an internmediat im not running arch as my main os im just trying to set it up in virtual box. Although when i do figure it out i will prob switch to that os. thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Ypu may have to set your network settings on Virtualbox to use Bridged Networking, then assign a ip address different from the host.