Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here follows an attempt to explain my situation: (Not sure if relevant)I tought it would be fun to have awesome as a windows manager so i downloaded (pacman) it and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Kernel error

Here follows an attempt to explain my situation:

(Not sure if relevant)I tought it would be fun to have awesome as a windows manager so i downloaded (pacman) it and started it ($ awesome). I did this while Gnome was running and it stopped and the screen became all black (except for the _ in the upperleft). When I restarted my computer (kept blinking for hours had to cut of the power). My pc gave these errors:
    In attachments
    (sorry for the extreme bad quality.)
    Anyway. So I reinstalled arch from a usb and got the exact same errors! I had arch for nearly a month (still have to get the have-arch-install-a-month-award) and never experienced this.

Could you give me some ideas what this is, why it is there or even some good google keywords?

greatings,

A new (now non-lurker) member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello and Welcome.
    Are you certain that you didn't make other changes to your system that caused this problem? Usually installing software in Linux does not mess with the kernel. And I do think you might have a kernel problem. Did you build this kernel yourself or is it a default kernel?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your fast reaction, but no i did not do anything else besides installing awesome. This is the default arch kernel.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Drvanon View Post
    Thanks for your fast reaction, but no i did not do anything else besides installing awesome. This is the default arch kernel.
    hmm.
    I guess you could browse the bug list at awesome and see if they have already reported this.
    https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/
    Try looking here and see if you did something wrong?
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Awesome
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    Noticed that i forgot to tell:
    ls /dev/

Does not contain sdX.
    Not sure if relevant but hidraw 0 and1 do exist but i have no idea what thosr mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Drvanon View Post
    Noticed that i forgot to tell:
    ls /dev/

Does not contain sdX.
    Not sure if relevant but hidraw 0 and1 do exist but i have no idea what thosr mean.
    sdX is usually just an example. It's probably either /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 and so on. If you have more than one disk it may be /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2. etc.
    Do you have a LiveCD you can boot the machine with? Maybe the arch CD? I don't know if that's bootable.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    sdX is usually just an example. It's probably either /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 and so on. If you have more than one disk it may be /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2. etc.
    Do you have a LiveCD you can boot the machine with? Maybe the arch CD? I don't know if that's bootable.
    Silly proud of this but about a half hour before you )osted this, i figured out that i can mount my root via the installationUSB, what i meant with sdX was that i couldnt find anything starting with sd.

Just Joined!
    Okay something really weird happened. I had to feed me belly so i shut down the pc for about an hour. And when i restarted it it wirked. After some messing with awesome i accudentially shutted down the pc. And when i restarted it it had the
    same olx error...

So now i have enlargened the vin speed in bios and closed the pc and will be baxkin 10 mins