Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! It's the second time I try to install Cinnarch but I stuck every time in this problem: localhostr.com/file/930/9gWnY0PeiCu5/Screenshot-from-2013-03-25-235248.png At the reboot the bios say: "OS not found"... so... this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error while installing GRUB

Hi!

It's the second time I try to install Cinnarch but I stuck every time in this problem:

localhostr.com/file/930/9gWnY0PeiCu5/Screenshot-from-2013-03-25-235248.png

At the reboot the bios say: "OS not found"... so... this time I'm here waiting for a solution before restarting the PC and waiting another 5-6 hours for the installation (I have a shittin' internet connection with an average of 40 kb/s)

Plz help me, what I have to do? The live version it's incredible, I want my Cinanrch

EDIT

The log file give me this:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 47: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 48: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 49: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 50: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 53: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 187: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 192: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 177: sed: command not found
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 350: sed: command not found
    + setup_verbose=--verbose
    + efi_quiet=-q
    + '[' -z '' ']'
    + bootdir=//boot
    + '[' -n '' ']'
    ++ echo //boot/grub
    ++ sed 's,//*,/,g'
    /usr/sbin/grub-install: line 390: sed: command not found
    + grubdir=
    + device_map=/device.map
    + '[' i386-pc = i386-pc ']'
    + set /usr/sbin/ dummy
    + test -f /usr/sbin/
    + echo '/usr/sbin/: Not found.'
    /usr/sbin/: Not found.
    + exit 1
    If I open gparted I see that the BIOS_GRUB partition of 2 mb it's formatted in a unknown file system...

PS I have already posted int he cinanrch forum but since yesterday no one reply

Linux Newbie
    Senryu.

/usr/sbin/grub-install is telling you that, on various lines, the program "sed" is not found.

This program should have been installed already by now but is not in the right directory. Is there any interactive tool used during the install in order for you to choose what you want installed? If so, make sure that sed gets installed.

You might try booting off a live CD/DVD, mounting your hard disc and modifying grub-install to use exactly the right path to sed. Then run it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by voidpointer69 View Post
    Senryu.

/usr/sbin/grub-install is telling you that, on various lines, the program "sed" is not found.

This program should have been installed already by now but is not in the right directory. Is there any interactive tool used during the install in order for you to choose what you want installed? If so, make sure that sed gets installed.

You might try booting off a live CD/DVD, mounting your hard disc and modifying grub-install to use exactly the right path to sed. Then run it.
    maybe it was a corrupted package on the ISO? damn, atm I'm redownloading it... I'm going to try again, I have tried Chakra today but I don't like KDE...