Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello my name is Argy (aka CosmoChronos) and i have read a thousand of articles and forums... I have installed linux arch multiple times to hdds but now i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partition Questions

Hello my name is Argy (aka CosmoChronos) and i have read a thousand of articles and forums... I have installed linux arch multiple times to hdds but now i am trying to install them in a usb stick that it can boot from any pc either with bios or uefi... What partitions should i make? Its gonna take diferent partitions for /boot, bios, and uefi(fat32)? Or i must make just one for all?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    On a USB device? I'd just make "one to rule them all"... Given the performance of a USB thumb drive (or SD card), use a swap file instead of a swap device. If it "wears out" (flash talk for "it was written to too many times") then you can remove the file and re-create it using new "fresh" sectors on the device. This may also work for a swap partition, but I'm not certain of that (ignorance showing here) - there are too many factors involved. In any case, do allocate less space on the drive than are available so that fresh ones are there for reliability purposes. This is good advice for any flash media that is going to be written to frequently.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Banned
    ok this is good for me

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close