Find the answer to your Linux question:
Saw this one today on the Linux Action Show(from Sunday) and wonder if anyone is running it and how's it working for ya'? Seems to be Pure Arch with a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Anyone running Antergos?

Saw this one today on the Linux Action Show(from Sunday) and wonder if anyone is running it and how's it working for ya'? Seems to be Pure Arch with a Gnome 3 desktop(of course you can get other desktops too but Gnome 3 would be where I'd start) so it'd look a lot on the front end like the Debian 7 install I now have.
    Just wonder about Terminal Commands since I'm so use to "apt-get" for everything. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has given this Distro a try.

Well, that's a bust. With both Antergos and Arch I get a "can't access tty, job control turned off" when I try to boot to the Live USB of either.

Using UNetbootin

UNetbootin can be used on any Linux distribution or Windows to copy your iso to a USB device. However, Unetbootin overwrites syslinux.cfg, so it creates a USB device that does not boot properly. For this reason, Unetbootin is not recommended -- please use dd or one of the other methods discussed in this topic.
    Probably because you are using unetbootin instead of the Arch Wiki.

Code:
    # dd bs=4M if=/path/to/archlinux.iso of=/dev/sdx && sync
    But if afeared of dd and unsure. I'd leave it be.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...allation_Media

Because one misstep or mistype and bye bye Point Linux.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I'm doing the install on my #3, it's my "play" laptop. Point Linux on my #1 and #12 ain't going anywhere, it's just that good of a Distro.
    I did finally manage to get Manjaro installed to see what "Arch" was like and to tell you the truth, I really don't care for it much. I tried to do a "sudo pacman -S unetbootin" and nothing, same with "sudo pacman -S clamtk"(clamav loaded fine) and nothing, same for sudo freshclam to update virus definitions.
    Nope, sorry folks, I'm a Deb-Head when it comes to Linux, started with a Debian Distro(Ubuntu 12.04) and I'll probably die with a Debian Distro.