Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Wow, old thread come back to life. Manjaro uses Manjaro Repos, Stable, Testing or Unstable. Something like Antergos uses Arch Stable Repos and one mirror of it's own. For Manjaro ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wow, old thread come back to life.
    Manjaro uses Manjaro Repos, Stable, Testing or Unstable. Something like Antergos uses Arch Stable Repos and one mirror of it's own.
    For Manjaro to sync mirrors you to into Terminal and do a "sudo pacman-mirrors -g" and it'll go out and get the mirrors for you then you do a "sudo pacman -Syy" to sync with them. In Antergos or Arch you install Reflector then check the Wiki and copy and past the code from #3 into Terminal and it'll ping 200 mirrors and rank and store them in order of the fastest. Of course in either you can do a "sudo pacman-optimize && sync" to set up mirrors too after you've pinged and synced with them using the upper two steps.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    I'm going to go check out an .iso of ArchBang that I just burned to CD to see what it's all about. May throw it on my #2 to play around with.
    I don't know where you currently stand with your Arch experiments, but you might try Evo/Lution. It's not a distro, but a graphical installer for Arch. What you end up with is a true Arch install, complete with the desktop of your choice. I've installed Arch the standard way (the tedious way), and this is the only way to go. I used it a couple of weeks ago, and had a current, fully functioning Arch system within 15 minutes! you can get it here.
    ridobe likes this.

I ran Antergos for a month or so, it's pretty much "ARCH" and I really didn't care for the daily updates. I'm much happier with the update schedule of Manjaro in Testing mode. I think that'll be the Distro that I stick with from here on out.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2