Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

That seems the point of those distros - when you're done you know how and where everything is configured. From LFS to Mint - it's good to have choice.

I guess I just don't want to have to "work" that hard to get an Op System up and running and set up the way I like it to be on my laptop. It's like working on a new car with fuel injection and all those hoses and crap under the hood vs working on an older car with a carb'ed V8 and not much of anything else under the hood. I'll take the older car that I understand and can work on any day even if fuel injection IS suppose to be more efficient and "easier" to work on.
    Different strokes for different folks. For an Arch based Distro I'll take Manjaro all day, every day over anything else I've seen.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    I guess I just don't want to have to "work" that hard to get an Op System up and running and set up the way I like it to be on my laptop. It's like working on a new car with fuel injection and all those hoses and crap under the hood vs working on an older car with a carb'ed V8 and not much of anything else under the hood. I'll take the older car that I understand and can work on any day even if fuel injection IS suppose to be more efficient and "easier" to work on.
    Different strokes for different folks. For an Arch based Distro I'll take Manjaro all day, every day over anything else I've seen.
    Yup. I'm a programmer and don't feel the need to spend more time making computer stuff work then I already do.

Still, every once and while I get a strange urge ...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Yup. I'm a programmer and don't feel the need to spend more time making computer stuff work then I already do.

Still, every once and while I get a strange urge ...
    Heh! I could have written that! That urge used to be used to break my work machines until I got a dedicated play one. Real hardware is somehow more satisfying than virtual.

I see no reason to install any version of Arch on my main desktop (Fedora 20) and laptop (SolydXk) as they all seem to be too much work, but I am just about bored enough to see if I can replace #! on my old eee-pc 701 with Arch! 32 bit
    Should you be sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

The Fifth Continent

I mostly want to run Arch based Distros because the AUR has a ton of software available, way more then any Debian Stable Distro that I've used. Things like Gqrx, Handbrake, and other cool stuff can be had where you'd have to go with a Debian Testing Distro to get near as many packages. I guess if I didn't have "special needs" then I could get buy with my Point Linux 2.3 install that are Debian Stable based but Arch based Distros are just so dang fun to play with once they're installed.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.