Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problems with OBD Auto Doctor in AUR.

A month or so ago when I switch over to Manjaro I had no problems downloading and installing OBD Auto Doctor from yaourt, worked like a charm. Now when I try to install it I get this:

Validating source files with md5sums...
    downloadfile.php?file=obd-auto-doctor_1.8.0_i386.tar.gz ... FAILED
    ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
    ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build obdautodoctor.

so what's changed? Is this something that the AUR needs to address or the folks that came up with OBD Auto Doctor or who?

I really need this program since it's the only one that really works with my ELM-327 OBD II Adapter. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks.

P.S.
    Just to add to this. My #1 still has a good copy of OBD Auto Doctor on it, is there anyway I could download it to a USB stick and transfer it to my other two laptops?
    Last edited by TNFrank; 05-19-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

So no one has any idea as to how I can get this working copy of OBD Auto Doctor copied to a USB so I can move it over to my other laptops?

Well, still can't get a good install of OBD Auto Doctor and don't know how to move the good install from my #1 to the other two laptops. I did download PyOBD and I'll see if it'll connect via bluetooth to my adapter but I'm not going to hold my breath.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just download the .tar from their website.

I did download the .tar.gz but when I opened Octopi and tried to install a local packate it didn't see it. Didn't see it after I extracted it to the desktop either. Is there an easy way to do it from Terminal that you could share with me?

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    I did download the .tar.gz but when I opened Octopi and tried to install a local packate it didn't see it. Didn't see it after I extracted it to the desktop either. Is there an easy way to do it from Terminal that you could share with me?
    You can run from the directory you extracted it.
    cd <Directory you extracted it to>
    ./abdautodoctor

Run or Install? It has an Icon that I can click to bring up the GUI for the app. I'd need to install it in order to run the program. I just hope that PyOBD will work with Bluetooth and my ELM-327 adapter then thinks will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    Run or Install? It has an Icon that I can click to bring up the GUI for the app. I'd need to install it in order to run the program. I just hope that PyOBD will work with Bluetooth and my ELM-327 adapter then thinks will be fine.
    Run, it seems to run fine in trial mode without installing for me. I don't use the app so I don't have an activation key, I just downloaded it out of curiosity for this tread.