Find the answer to your Linux question:
Got the Arch Linux Handbook, v2.0 by Dusty Phillips today. Not a very large book but it looks like it's chalked full of good info on how to get an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Arch Linux Handbook by Dusty Phillips.

Got the Arch Linux Handbook, v2.0 by Dusty Phillips today. Not a very large book but it looks like it's chalked full of good info on how to get an actual Arch install going on. Going to read through it and see what I can come up with. Anyway, just wanted to share and if anyone is looking to get one here's a link to the book on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Arch-Linux-Han...Linux+Handbook

Oh, and be aware that if you order from the Book Depository in the UK it'll take a while to get to you if you're in the U.S.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Ok, made a type-o, should have been v3.0, still, after reading through this book I still don't have a clue as to how to install Arch and really don't think I want to know. Seems like someone trying to build a car instead of just going to the local Dealer and buying one. Sure, it'd be fun and you'd know the car once you were done but why go through all of that when it's easier to just buy a dang car already built. LOL
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

that's a fair point, but i managed already twice to install archlinux with the beginners' guide in a reasonable amount of time.
    the advantage is, i have (almost) total control about what kind of system i build and it's so light, and fast, and snappy, delicious...

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I think the quote that best sums up the mindset of Arch users is "If you have to ask whether Arch is suitable for a server then the answer is no" meaning that you have to want to at the very least tinker to get the system you want. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I give the correct version.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent