Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I downloaded the Manjaro live ISO and flashed it into a USB then started the live session and tried installing, I chose to format the entire hard drive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Manjaro installation problem?

Hello everyone, I downloaded the Manjaro live ISO and flashed it into a USB then started the live session and tried installing, I chose to format the entire hard drive ( 1 TB ) Error, Base File System Does Not exist! Critical error (Exiting)
    While using the command line, I am presented with a mean Installation Failed! when intalling the system.
    My PC is a lenovo Z510. Can i get any help, Please?

Linux Guru
    I don't run it. TNFrank does though. So

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...all-guide.html

Just Joined!
    I know how to install it but it's the part where I have to setup my account etc is where I get the mentioned error

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Is md5sum of iso correct?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Is md5sum of iso correct?
    Pretty sure it is

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by grim3271 View Post
    Pretty sure it is
    It either is or is not. Pretty sure does not figure into a md5sum check of a downloaded iso.

cc93f579de0a3c6db1f3af0064144c98 a2_a4.delta
    That was the md5sum mailed to me for a delta file test on a iso I needed to add the delta file to for test purposes.

Code:
    harry@biker:~/isos
    $ md5sum a2_a4.delta
    cc93f579de0a3c6db1f3af0064144c98  a2_a4.delta
    See, no pretty sure about it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    It either is or is not. Pretty sure does not figure into a md5sum check of a downloaded iso.

That was the md5sum mailed to me for a delta file test on a iso I needed to add the delta file to for test purposes.

Code:
    harry@biker:~/isos
    $ md5sum a2_a4.delta
    cc93f579de0a3c6db1f3af0064144c98  a2_a4.delta
    See, no pretty sure about it.
    Yes, The md5sum is correct, No idea what i should do to get it working.

I've never had a problem installing Manjaro, always went smoothly for me. You might try pre-formatting your hard drive to Ext4 before doing the install or even burn the .iso to DVD and try doing the install that way. Which desktop version are you using? I had problems with MATE but Xfce(their default version) and GNOME have both installed perfectly. Also, don't be afraid to join the Manjaro Forum, there's a bunch of great folks over there that can really help you with your issues and the Manjaro Team hang out there too so they can help a lot.
    On a side note, I've even had good luck lately with Antergos and I've moved to it on my laptops since it's "more Arch" then Manjaro is.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    I've never had a problem installing Manjaro, always went smoothly for me. You might try pre-formatting your hard drive to Ext4 before doing the install or even burn the .iso to DVD and try doing the install that way. Which desktop version are you using? I had problems with MATE but Xfce(their default version) and GNOME have both installed perfectly. Also, don't be afraid to join the Manjaro Forum, there's a bunch of great folks over there that can really help you with your issues and the Manjaro Team hang out there too so they can help a lot.
    On a side note, I've even had good luck lately with Antergos and I've moved to it on my laptops since it's "more Arch" then Manjaro is.
    I tried pre-formatting the HD, I don't believe a DVD would really make a difference, also I am trying the open box version out
    I have already posted a thread to manjaro forums

I'd give some of the other versions a try, download the Xfce version which is the default DE for Manjaro and see if it'll install. If it doesn't then you may have a hardware problem and not a software problem.
    You can also download the Antergos .iso and give it a go. The .iso will let you pick your desktop on install so you'll only need one DVD/USB stick to have all the different desktop environments at your disposal.
    If you're wanting "Arch" then Antergos would be the Distro of Choice here because it actually is Arch with an easy GUI installer but Manjaro will give you a layer of protection via their Repos so if you stay on Manjaro Stable you won't be "bleeding edge" but you also won't have to deal with many of the bugs that pure Arch users (and Antergos users as well) get from the daily updates.
    You can also move to Manjaro Testing very easily(my choice) and get updates every few days so you're still "cutting edge" if not bleeding edge and if you want bleeding edge with Manjaro then just move to Unstable which will put you in step with Arch Stable and Antergos as far as updates go.
    I've recently moved back to Manjaro Testing because having 3 laptops it gets to be somewhat of a hassle having to run around each day doing updates to all 3. With Manjaro Testing it'll be every few days which is more to my liking.
    Anyway, keep us posted and let us know how things are going.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.