Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry Opera webbrowser problem

Hi!

Do someone has a problem with Opera?
    I do not know why but it doesn't show a text on some of websites, as github and its forum page and on a few more. I tested to reinstall it and tested to download the latest version from their website. but still the same problem.

Github: Screenshot - 2014-09-27 - 14:03:18.jpg
    Opera Forum: Screenshot - 2014-09-27 - 14:41:31.jpg

Only when I choosing "Acceptability Layout" in a View>Style menu it shows text but page become so ugly...

Screenshot - 2014-09-27 - 14:09:01.jpg

I tested even to clean up all Opera settings/folders that it after itself after uninstallation... but nothing changed after I installed it again.
    Last edited by Andy_Crowd; 09-27-2014 at 01:49 PM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I don't use it, but I would expect that Opera allows you to configure default text fonts and colors? Have you tried that?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Sure, I tested with colors and fonts too but .... still same...
    Can you test and install Opera and see if it will work for you in Arch Linux? On my laptop with Ubuntu it works with no problems but not in Arch Linux on my PC.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Crowd View Post
    Sure, I tested with colors and fonts too but .... still same...
    Can you test and install Opera and see if it will work for you in Arch Linux? On my laptop with Ubuntu it works with no problems but not in Arch Linux on my PC.
    Sorry, but I don't run Arch. I'd have to install it in a virtual machine and there is no guarantee that it would behave similarly to yours since the video hardware would not be equivalent. Also I don't have the time as I am starting a new position on Monday.

Angry

I will never get an answer or help on this problem..... too sad... I am sure you are running Firefox as many other do...

May I ask what kind of Linux you are using?

I am running Firefox on an RHEL 6.5 clone, Scientific Linux. I could possibly install Opera on it (if compatible) and see if I have similar problems. I'll do that and report back what I find.

FWIW, what kind of graphics hardware are you running? I have a dated, but effective nVidia 8800GT with dual HD monitors, running the proprietary nVidia driver.

Cool ... good luck then on your new position and when will have a time then please check Opera in Arch

Ok. I installed the RedHat rpm from Opera and it seems OK. I've explored a bit of their site and everything seems to render just fine. How did you install it? If you could post some specific problem pages I'll check them out as well, but all the GitHub pages work and I was able to log into my account without problems.

I did it as normal
    Code:
    sudo pacman -S opera
    This problem can be related only to the Arch Linux somehow.

-->
    Have you tried downloading the latest version from Opera directly and installing that? The one in the Arch repository may be outdated.