Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installation Problem

Hello,
    I just installed Antergos Linux (an Arch Derivat) and now I have two problems at the same time.
    I installed it on only one partition, the one I further used for Linux Mint, on the other partition I had Windows 7 and I wanted to keep it. After restarting my Laptop after the Installation the Grub Menu, where I normally choose between Windows and Linux every start, just showed me Antergos, Windows just disappeared, while I can still find all the windowsfiles and its whole partition untouched using the livedisk of Antergos. The second thing is, that even starting Antergos doesn t work, because it can t find the Linux Kernel.
    I m still not really common with Linux and all that stuff and I don t know how to help me. So if anyone could tell me what to do to get the bootoption for Windows again I would be very glad.
    Thank you for helping me soon,
    Jakob

Just Joined!
    Show output of bootinfoscript (search in Google).

-->
    What you should do is update your bootloader. Also, if you want to use Windows again, you'll need os-prober. So log into your Linux and install both grub (just to be safe) and os-prober before updating them. I'm pretty sure the command is
    Code:
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    , but you may have to double check. After that, rebooting should show you all the installed operating systems.

$spacer_open
$spacer_close