Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Arch Fresh Install - Pacman Not Retrieving Files

Good afternoon,

I recently decided to give Arch Linux a go. I was able to get through the installation without any errors...until now at least.

When I tried to install the Gnome DE into packman, it returned an error stating that "target not found". After reading some various posts on a few forums, it led me to checking the mirrorlist and pacman.conf files. I thought I may have something commented out that needed not to be. That may still be the case, even after reviewing it. (Not entirely sure here)

Tried running the pacman -Syu command to update the lists as well, but that also resulted in numerous errors populating.

I was hoping that someone could possibly shed some light on this for me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linux Engineer
    'could not resolve host' means you are not resolving hostnames via dns. I suggest you look into your networking config.

additionally you might want to prune your /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    You CAN post links by removing the "http://www." bit from it!
    please use CODE TAGS for code, please! | Stuck? Please read this!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Thank you both for your responses.

I went ahead and did a fresh install....twice actually, before realizing that my NIC wasn't in an UP state when the system started. Resolving this allowed me to connect and download the files needed to get a DE going.

Thanks again!