Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Manjaro support for TP-Link TL-WDN3200 USB wireless adapter

To those who may have tried to find linux drivers for this USB wifi adapter, I can tell you that on my Dell Optiplex 380, when I performed a fresh install of Manjaro with the adapter in my USB port, Manjaro recognized the adapter wifi chipset and installed the appropriate driver automatically.

I was surprised and pleased by this event, and will use this TP-Link adapter for my Dell from now on.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Linux distributions are getting better with WiFi chip set support (drivers and firmware - both are needed). The drivers are generally open source, but the firmware are blobs of binary code that makes the device actually work. The driver is the interface between the firmware and the operating system. Usually, the firmware is proprietary to the device manufacturer. Glad your system was able to handle it!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by choumalion View Post
    however the firmware are blobs of parallel code that makes the gadget really work. The driver is the interface between the firmware and the working framework.
    pointless duplication of previous post?
    You CAN post links by removing the "http://www." bit from it!
    please use CODE TAGS for code, please! | Stuck? Please read this!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close