Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Help with some boot messages

Hi! First I wanted to say that I've searched around without much luck. I am getting this boot messages (I am using Arch now but it happens on every distribution) and I wanted to try and understand them:

Code:
    [    9.252874] ACPI Exception: AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT, Index (0x000000005) is beyond end of object (length 0x5) (20170831/exoparg2-430)
    [    9.252892] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DOD, AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT (20170831/psparse-550)
    [    9.252903] ACPI Exception: AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT, Evaluating _DOD (20170831/video-1307)
    I've found some posts with similar errors but no solutions.

I am using a EliteBook 6930P with the latest BIOS, currently using the 4.15.7-1-zen kernel. However, the kernel is irrelevant because it happens with them all.

Any ideas?

I am not looking for a solution, just trying to understand what they mean. A solution would be great though :P

Linux Guru
    the usual way is to put the error message into a search query - seems the first result is for archlinux, hooray!

i once "fixed" an acpi error like this, but the only satisfaction i got from it was that the message didn't come up anymore. :shrugs:

The post has only one answer linking to an old post that no longer exists, I already came across it. As I said, I already tried searching. I've also been examining my BIOS settings but nothing seems to be related.

I am sure that fixing the error won't have any effect because the computer works perfectly, but I'll try to get rid of it anyways.

Thanks for the response!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    "My common sense is tingling."

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The problem is "solved" now. There is actually no solution, other than waiting for a BIOS update, and that's definitely not happening. I'll have to learn to live with them

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    "My common sense is tingling."