Link is up and running on interface ppp0 but there is no Internet conn
I'm trying to install arch linux, but I have problem with pppoe conifguration.
I succeed in getting connection up and running but when I'm trying to ping 22.214.171.124 all packets are lost.
I did following:
1. echo "nameserver 126.96.36.199" > /etc/resolv.conf
2. chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf
3. run pppoe-setup and put my data (for dns server I typed 'server').
4. pppoe-start (it responded with Connected)
5. pppoe-status (responded = link is up and running on interface ppp0)
6. ping -c 2 188.8.131.52 or anything else (except my router) fails.
Does anyone know where is the problem?
link is up and running on interface ppp0 but there is no Internet conn
Some more information might be helpful.
What does ifconfig command show as status for the interface?
Does the "route" command show that you have a default route?
What does a traceroute to 184.108.40.206 return?
Hope this gives you a little direction to go.