Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Don't let any of the hype fool you, either. Go for the biggest native resolution and the most optical zoom you can find in your budget. Digital zoom is utterly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Don't let any of the hype fool you, either. Go for the biggest native resolution and the most optical zoom you can find in your budget. Digital zoom is utterly worthless unless you're using the camera for video.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

My mind is still open; but the more I find out about the Fuji S 700 the more I like it.

Do you mean this Fuji S700? It's a lot like the Fuji digital camera I got about five years ago, but has a much better CCD and more optical zoom. It's also loads smaller. I think I want one...
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Yes Roxoff, that is the Fuji S 700!!

I have two cameras myself. I have an older 3.2MP Olympus which is really a great camera. It has 8x Optical zoom. The features were great and the 3.2MP was always enough to get me a great picture. Unfortunately the larger lens meant that it was bulky for smaller unplanned pictures. I couldn't just carry it around.
    Now I have a Casio Exilim 8MP with 3x Optical Zoom. It uses SD instead of xD so the chips are slightly cheaper and more readily available. It powers on and off in less than a second, is rechargeable has a cool dock that works well with Linux as a UMS and has a ridiculous amount of features. I got it in an outlet store in Vegas for the equivalent of

Well, I'd say go with Canon or Nikon.

The main idea is that digital cameras are like regular cameras, but the megapixels tend to be where the line is drawn. Some people say after so many megapixels, what matters most is the lens. And with more expensive cameras, you can buy more lenses, which is good for different types of photographing.

Definitely choose optical zoom over digital zoom. Digital zoom is mostly worthless and should be taken out of all digital cameras. A digital zoom, to me, would use better post-processing than what is being done these days. Of course, that would take a lot of system resources for such a small camera.

Also, I don't suggest going for anything with xD.

I bought a Lumix series Panasonic for my household digital photo needs because they use Leica Optics for the lens. i like Canon lenses if you have an SLR with interchangeable lenses. i used to be into photography and Leica has way better optics than anyone. Leica and Zeiss lenses are prized above all else. japanese second(canon and nikon)
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Thanks, C. I'll have to look into cameras with those lenses.

At the website of one of Manhattan's large camera stores I see prices of $3,000.00 for a digital camera. If they are selling them someone must be buying them. What on earth would someone need with a $3,000.00 camera??

Banned
    There are many companies are making different digital cameras which are all the best and provide the best quality but the good Digital camera is Nikon company's which is every professional photographer using even i am also using this company's camera for get good result of the photo........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2