Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey guys, just introducing myself. Linux isnt new to me, but there is still a LOT that I need to learn....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New girl on the block

Hey guys, just introducing myself. Linux isnt new to me, but there is still a LOT that I need to learn.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If its not new to you then you can help some of us that have lingered around but not really drived down into it. Welcome aboard.

It would be interesting to here how you got AOL/AIM client to run on linux?
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    I use gaim

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hiya ladyg

Nice to have another girl around

Sarah

Just Joined!
    It is nice actualy. (although i'm male myslef)
    Ive started automaticly thinking people on these forums are male.

As unfortuante as it is, Its rare to find a female with an interest in computers as large as my own. My girlfriend doesn't like them much for example, but she likes it that i can fix them because she has a rather nasty habbit of breakign them

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    It is nice actualy. (although i'm male myslef)
    Ive started automaticly thinking people on these forums are male.

As unfortuante as it is, Its rare to find a female with an interest in computers as large as my own. My girlfriend doesn't like them much for example, but she likes it that i can fix them because she has a rather nasty habbit of breakign them
    Is she willing to learn?

Just Joined!
    I think you'll be lucky to find 10% of people that are willing to learn, regardless of whether it be computers or any other thing new to them!
    I'm quite the opposite, I love to learn, it's just that I'm a lazy learner (I hate research!).

Just Joined!
    I love to learn too, but usually I'm trying to learn about something I don't have.. and if I can't mess with it on my own it's a little bit harder to understand the concepts.

Just Joined!
    I know what you mean.
    I want to install gentoo so I can learn a bit more, and I'm getting a new PC next Friday, so I've been poking about to see if there might be any problems I'll run into and it seems there are some issues with the nforce2 chip (Asus A7n8X deluxe) so I'm spewing about that. I guess this could give me the chance to learn how to patch kernels! LOL. Heaven knows what I'll end up doing to the machine

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ventricle
    I know what you mean.
    I want to install gentoo so I can learn a bit more, and I'm getting a new PC next Friday, so I've been poking about to see if there might be any problems I'll run into and it seems there are some issues with the nforce2 chip (Asus A7n8X deluxe) so I'm spewing about that. I guess this could give me the chance to learn how to patch kernels! LOL. Heaven knows what I'll end up doing to the machine
    May the force be with you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast