Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: How many distros @ once?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

5 62.50%

1 12.50%

2 25.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 8 or more

0 0%
Hi there! I'm planning to install 3 linux distros on my PC (redhat9+suse9+slackware10), I just want to know if I'm "alone" out there trying to have as many distros as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How many distros?

Hi there! I'm planning to install 3 linux distros on my PC (redhat9+suse9+slackware10), I just want to know if I'm "alone" out there trying to have as many distros as I can running on my PC ! Thanks for answering the poll!!

Linux Newbie
    I voted 1 because I currently run 1 distro per machine on my net and only 1 machine isn't running Slack. It's running Mandrake 9.2.
    However, I did put 9 distros(well, 9 if you count different releases, 5 if you don't) on this machine about 6 months ago. Just wanted to see if I could.
    I had Slackware 9.1, Slackware current(20040210), Fedora Core1, Mandrake 9.1, Mandrake 9.2, SUSE 8.2, SUSE 9.0, Vector 4.0 and Arch. Used XOSL to boot.
    There is a report out there about a kid that put 37 different OS's on one machine(64 if you count the different windowing environments for the various dos installs).
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Engineer
    i really don't get the point of putting 2 or more linux distros in my pc.i think one is good.you learn to use it fast,setting it up (because anyone distro has differences than other ones)...and of course you can update (kernel compiling) if you want your pc to run faster.so i vote 1 distro...
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    i agree with stathisx on this. i don't really see any need in having more than one linux distro on a computer at a time. just compile more kernels for the one distro you have if you really need the optimizations for different uses.

plus, after time you tend to customize your favorite distro so much that it just fits like a glove. i know i do. and if that happens, why on earth would you want to reboot into another distro. it takes time to customize each distro to your likings.

Linux Newbie
    I just wanted to see if I could get it all installed and running on the same machine. I proved to my self that I could and I moved on..
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?