Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am Scott, and I am a new linux newbie. I am loving it, except couple of issues which I am trying to work on it since 2 weeks. But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Help Configuring VNC and POSTFIX

I am Scott, and I am a new linux newbie. I am loving it, except couple of issues which I am trying to work on it since 2 weeks. But not able to do anything. So saw this forum and thought could help me a lot.

1. I installed VNC Server on my Linux REDHAT 9ES. It is working good. I changed the configuration files to open a gnome-session. But for some reason I am missing something somewhere.

2. I am good at configuring a mailserver on a Windows Machine but a dummy on Linux. Please help me configure Postfix Mail Server with IMAP and POP3 Enabled.

So all the experts help me .

scott

Linux Engineer
    I am variant.. and i require more info:) Can you be more specific than: " I changed the configuration files to open a gnome-session. But for some reason I am missing something somewhere. " What exactly is the problem? we are not mind readers etc :P

Linux Engineer
    if you tell us what exactly you want to do ,it will be more helpful (error messages are helpful too!)..
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i am qub, thats all. Except for one question, what does teh VNC server have to do w/ the gnome session? if gnome isnt working, thats probably not realted to vnc, and if VNC isn't working, well you wouldnt know that untill gnome was working.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333