Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone have a practice version of a CURRENT version of this test??? Also have anyone took this test recently????...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Comptia Linux + Test

Does anyone have a practice version of a CURRENT version of this test??? Also have anyone took this test recently????

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I've not looked at this test recently, but may I suggest that you go for the LPI exams because they seem to be more regarded in industry than the Comptia Linux+. I've never seen a Linux admin job advertised that lists Linux+ as a requirement. Most I have seen require RHCT/RHCE, NOVELL, LPI and to a minor extent Ubuntu certs.

Just Joined!
    what is LPI

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    I've not looked at this test recently, but may I suggest that you go for the LPI exams because they seem to be more regarded in industry than the Comptia Linux+. I've never seen a Linux admin job advertised that lists Linux+ as a requirement. Most I have seen require RHCT/RHCE, NOVELL, LPI and to a minor extent Ubuntu certs.

i have never heard of lpi until now.... infact you always see people asking about comptia or something plus..... a+... network+.... etc

Thats because COMPTIA provides more than just Linux Certification and they were established in the IT industry way before the LPI. The reason why the LPI exams are popular is because they are vendor neutral, include non multiple choice questions and test you on 3 levels i.e. Junior Admin, Advanced Level Admin and Senior Admin. The COMPTIA Linux+ is one multiple choice exam that mainly tests your Junior level skills. If thats what you want, then go for it, but I personally would do the LPI Level 1 exams and then move on from there to level 2, level 3 etc or do the Red Hat certs.

Just Joined!
    Just to let you all know, CompTIA just started a new program,
    if you pass the Linux+ Certification, you automatically get your LPIC-1.
    I thought that was pretty cool.
    thanks,
    -Alex