Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same good nemws over here. Took me a while thought to figure out how to extract the old file to insert the new libgmp#4.2.4-1h.pkg.tar.gz into ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same good nemws over here.
    Took me a while thought to figure out how to extract the old file to insert the new libgmp#4.2.4-1h.pkg.tar.gz into the .iso file! What a brain-buster!

*EDIT*

In case anybody is curious, I used a little program called isomaster to move the files around. The hard part was actually finding an easy to use program like this!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Hey,
    I think I'm going to try installing CRUX. Should I wait for 2.5, or do you think its safe to install 2.4? Also, I'm confused on the concept of ports. How exactly do they work?

Nice tutorial, by the way. Gonna keep it on hand when I install, along with the CRUX manual. Thanks!

I had another thread going on that deals with my installation issues, found here. Dan gives a pretty good explanation of ports in there as well.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Two quick things here...
    First...CRUX 2.5 RC1 is now loaded on my box! I'll have to Google around for a little while to figure out how to get it to boot from an extended partition (already found a few links), just not gonna mess with it right now. But I'll post to let you guys know what's going on woth it.

Second...
    Quote Originally Posted by aluminumspleen View Post
    Hey, I think I'm going to try installing CRUX. Should I wait for 2.5, or do you think its safe to install 2.4?
    I would say go ahead and play around with installing 2.4. You probably won't get it right the first time, so by the time 2.5 is final, you should be ready to tackle it without to much of a hitch. Let us know what you decide, though.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Dapper Dan, your the man! Just wanted to thank you for this excellent walk-through.. I feel so grown up installing CRUX and compiling my baby kernel..
    “Things derive their being and nature by mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3