Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64
I'm in Illinois... I use Fedora Core 6.0(just upgraded). I am assisting others in my neighborhood to go to Linux(3 takers so far). I have an OLD 486 450Mhz 128M ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking Hello all

I'm in Illinois... I use Fedora Core 6.0(just upgraded).
    I am assisting others in my neighborhood to go to
    Linux(3 takers so far).

I have an OLD 486 450Mhz 128M RAM machine i have been using for about 8 years. I chose to use Fedora Core 4.0. runs fantastic with 128M RAM. From what I've seen, Linux ( most ) distributions require 128M of memory. IF you can set any machine up with the 128M, just about any distribution should run. I recently "upgraded: to FC-6 and have no problems with it. I had to add memory for 512M RAM and did it for $6.00. including shipping. I use it for httpd, mysql, ssh, squid and a few others. I have all but quit windows altogether. I also have a dozen users(ssh) and need content filtering(squid). I have been looking at these forums for a long time and have been using them as setup guides (Very Good Information). Linux seems to be a forgiving OS, especially on OLD machines(mine). I wish you happy trails with whatever distro you choose! (I might be able to help with Fedora(earlier versions).

Just Joined!
    I'm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I use various flavors of Ubuntu on my two main desktops, while I use Slitaz on my 500Mhz server box.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64