Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just thought I'd let you all know that Libranet is currently allowing free dowload of it's latest version 2.8.1 from their site. 3.0 is on the horizon, but 2.8.1 is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    pjc
    Just Joined!

Libranet Free trial 2.8.1

Just thought I'd let you all know that Libranet is currently allowing free dowload of it's latest version 2.8.1 from their site. 3.0 is on the horizon, but 2.8.1 is pretty amazing in my opinion....... I'm all for "free" but I even bought 2.8 a while back and it was worth every penny. Take a look, I think you'll be pleasintly surprised.......

Re: Libranet Free trial 2.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by pjc
    Just thought I'd let you all know that Libranet is currently allowing free dowload of it's latest version 2.8.1 from their site. 3.0 is on the horizon, but 2.8.1 is pretty amazing in my opinion....... I'm all for "free" but I even bought 2.8 a while back and it was worth every penny. Take a look, I think you'll be pleasintly surprised.......
    I tried 2.7.1 and it worked just fine. The only question I have (and perhaps you'd be the one to ask) is how is it any different from any of the free Debian-based distros (i.e. Mepis, vanilla Debian)? What makes it "worth every penny" in your opinion?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

pjc
    Just Joined!
    Really it is ease of use, targeted toward new users. The adminmenu feature is very handy. Let's face it configuring the many different things from configuring alsa, recompiling the kernel, dowloading fonts, Nvidia drivers, CUPS etc.... can be a little daunting to the new user, Libranet I feel is doing a great job in helping to address these things and make it a little more appealing and streamlined for newcomers.