Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone else getting these? I got a couple of notifications and when i read the title i have to think... "did i post something there?... i don't know anything about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

false topic reply notifications?

Anyone else getting these?

I got a couple of notifications and when i read the title i have to think...
    "did i post something there?... i don't know anything about that subject..."

Its no big deal to me, in fact its got me reading a couple of interesting topics i wouldn't normally read

If i'm not the only one experiencing it, I imagine it is from the loss of posts. Probably a separate "user_posts" table (holding the "post_id") which didn't get lost, and now when the "post_id" gets created, the system kicks out the notification.

Either way, as i said its not a big deal... just curious.

To Jason: No worries mate, i've done a similar thing about deleting things and had to roll back to backups. I imagine just about everyone who works with database has at some point or another. I mean... why else would there be companies like legato, who specialize in backup solutions?

Linux Guru

Re: false topic reply notifications?

Quote Originally Posted by solman66
    If i'm not the only one experiencing it, I imagine it is from the loss of posts. Probably a separate "user_posts" table (holding the "post_id") which didn't get lost, and now when the "post_id" gets created, the system kicks out the notification.
    Oops, I didnt take that into consideration when i restored the posts data.
    I'll have a look at the topic notifications table now..

Thanks

Jason

yeh, i was getting these, but only on certain posts, not all of them! It started just about when u made the new theme for the site jason
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close