Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys..just check out www.elxlinux.com abbreviated for everyones linux.... This linux distro come for as low as Rs. 500 that is roughly 10 dollars. Just check it out. You can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Everyones Linux ELX a new distro from INDIA

hey guys..just check out www.elxlinux.com abbreviated for everyones linux....
    This linux distro come for as low as Rs. 500 that is roughly 10 dollars.
    Just check it out.
    You can read its review at http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp...d=53654&upto=0

Tell me if the link is not working

Linux User
    What is so special about this distribution? What does this have to offer that others can not? Or is this another out of hundreds other distributions no one cares about?

Linux Newbie
    Looks like an advert to me. Wonder how long until Jason deletes the thread(soon, I hope).
    Before anybody goes on a tare about censorship, that's not what I'm advocating. Jason depends on donations and ad monies to keep this site going. I doubt the OP has provided either. Since the post was put here to push a commercial product, my take is that it's stealing bandwidth.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Wrong Take

ITS not an advert and i take strong offence to that. I am a computer science student unrealted to the company. I just put it up there (maybe in ignorance...ill grant u that) bcoz it is the first distro totaly packaged and developed by India and as an Indian it gave me great satisification that India is making some progress as far as open source is concerned.

My intention was not to promote the product in any way. All i wanted was you guys (all linux gurus , i presume ) to give your feedback on the distro.
    Thats it , PERIOD.

You want to delete the thread...sure ..go ahead...

Linux Newbie
    It would have been nice had you said these things in your original post. As is stands, your op does look like you're trying to bolster sales.
    I went to the web-site and didn't find a way to get the product without paying.
    While I don't mind a company making a profit(I strongly encourage it in fact) I won't eval a product if I have to pay in order to do so. I do, however, pay for my distro of choice even though I'm able to download it for free and I encourage others to do the same. To be honest, the factory pressed CD is still in its shrinkwrapped package.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm over your homelands first distro and appologise if I was mistaken earlier. However, and I just read it again, it reads like an advert.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Just Joined!

Wrong Take follow up

Now that i read my post again (after u said that it looks like an ad)..i have to give it to u ..it does seem like that...and i apologize for it.

As for u mentioning that it is a paid distro..ya it is..i clearly mentioned it...but an OS costing just 10 dollars(less than that) is unheard of (specially a packaged one without support provided).
    That was the thing that got me excited...thats all...
    I have a habit of using Windows (and paying for its high price) ..just shifted to linux.
    So i was just trying to share some info...
    thats all...

Just Joined!